Monday, January 25, 2016

Work here but my soul is at home

I work on this earth. I may not like the business of money and numbers. I feel it cheapens people but it is the model that we have.
We need to get a good education and do the steps but work here but the soul should not be at home.
Joseph worked in the world's system and God allowed him to succeeded in every sense.
Joseph knew that his time of death was approaching. So he had his last wishes.
He told his people that they needed to honor the Lord. And when they went to back to the Holy Land, that they should bury his bones there.
He lived in Egypt and he honored the Lord. But Egypt was never home.  He was sold as a slave and went to the south land.
I need to work and do what the Lord wants but my job or money is not my home.
My resting place is in heaven and God. I look forward for the day when I can say my last wishes on this earth.
Joseph focused on the Lord in the good times and the bad times. The trials of his life made him stronger in the Lord. He trusted in the Lord's power and not his wisdom.
The trials of my life will keep me leading me back to Jesus. And when I have only a few days to live, I pray that my life would reflect the word's of Joseph.  
This job lost has made me focus more on God and less on self. This job lost has made me long for heaven and not desire the sinful nature.
My journey of faith is always turning. I don't know what tomorrow will bring but one day, I will say my last words and be with my Lord.

Hebrews 11:22

  By faith Joseph, when his end was near, spoke about the exodus of the Israelites from Egypt and gave instructions concerning the burial of his bones.

No comments:

Post a Comment