Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Do not lose heart!

I will confess my feelings that I have now and it goes with the Bible verses that I will explain to you.
In this life, we will have many distractions and temptation to sin.
I don't know where you live but I live in Seattle which I think is the city where most people are "none". The word "none" means that they really don't have faith in anything and really don't care about spirituality.

I have felt that my efforts are in vain because it seems that Seattle is getting more indifferent towards Jesus and the Bible which is hatred towards the Maker.
If you are in this state of mind which I am currently in, then let's go to the Bible if you are an true believer in Jesus.

They are not many people in Seattle that are encouraging me to keep going for Jesus. I must remember that I am alien in this world (aliens are real, for I am not of this world!!).
There have been millions or billions of people that followed Jesus in tougher positions then  me.

Let's read Hebrews 12:1. This verse says, "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."

I can look back at the people that God inspired to wrote down the Bible because of the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. The Apostle Paul wrote the book of Hebrews (No one knows the author of the book of Hebrews but I think it is Paul).
He was treated poorly but he keep on going for Jesus.

I can look at the believers that died for their faith and refuse to renounce their faith. I can look at believers in North Korea and China and they will suffer for their faith and many will die because of Jesus.

I think that every believer needs to know what Hebrews 12:2 says. The verse says, " fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."

If you claim the name of Jesus then we need to only look at Jesus and keep on going. He the the beginning and end and that should never change in our view point about Him but we all lack faith something.

Apostle Peter walked on the water but then he doubted then he fall into the lake. If you have fallen in that lake then ask God to strengthen your faith and pray and read the Bible.

When I think of Jesus, I think of Him being God and coming down on this earth and living the perfect life. His purpose was to die on the cross so we can be made pure. We all have sinned and one sin leads separation from Him and hell.

He was hated on but He only thought of us when He was put on that cross.
He didn't just die on that cross and forever was dead. He arose from the dead and then went back up to heaven to be on the right hand of the Father.

I want to encourage every believer to keep on going and these are my last words for you.
Hebrews 12:3 says, "Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart."

1 comment:


  1. Thank you Don, be encouraged. Stay hopeful. He sees all that you are doing.

    ReplyDelete