Saturday, August 15, 2020

There are others that believe like you

I will begin with this statement. I live in Seattle, Washington, there are not many people that believe in the Bible and go to church. There are times when I wonder if I am the only person that believes in God.
Seattle's culture is all about sin and I dislike sin.

I enjoy the first two verses in First Peter, Chapter one. The first statement explains that Peter was an apostle of Christ. The beginning says, "Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ." God gave authority to Peter to tell people about Jesus.

I am sure that many people during this time felt the way that I had. Again, I can think that I am the only believer in the town.  God has placed believers everywhere to promote His Word.
1 Peter 1:1 says, "To God's elect, strangers in the world, scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia and Bithynia."  

It is great to know that if an person knows Jesus, God knew that person would knew Him.
1 Peter 1:2 says, "who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through the sanctifying work of the Spirit, for obedience to Jesus Christ and sprinkling by his blood: Grace and peace be yours in abundance."

If an person are drawn by the Holy Spirit and repents from their sins. That person is God's elect. If an person rejects the drawing of the Holy Spirit, that person is not God's elect. The chose is up to that person. 

Jesus died on the cross and arose from the dead. The cross was the penalty of our sins. We deserve hell forever. Again, if we repent from our sins, we are God's property.





No comments:

Post a Comment