Sunday, May 24, 2020

Isolation

The word isolation is common now. Many people are staying at home without leaving the house. Many people are feeling lonely because they are not seeing anyone. That is an crime.
We need to each other, zoom meetings only do so much. Hebrew 13:22 says, "Brothers, I urge you to bear with my word of exhortation, for I have written you only a short letter."

Paul wanted to share his life with the Messianic Jews that were familiar with the Old Testament.
He long for friendships and deep conversion. I think that I would get along with Paul.
I enjoy talking about life deep issues. Paul and his friends shared an love for God's Word.
I will be honest, I miss going to church during the Covid lockdown.

I will go on to verse 23. It says, "I want you to know that our brother Timothy has been released. If he arrives soon, I will come with him to see you." Paul had an great friend with Timothy. We all need that one great friend that is by our sides. May we be that for someone.

Timothy, who was well known to the recipients of the letter, had recently been released from prison.
Timothy was humbled was faithful to Paul and the Lord Jesus. May we be faithful in this life.
There was an time before social media, people wrote letters. Then an person sent it by an messenger.

Hebrews 13:24 says, "Greet all your leaders and all God's people. Those from Italy send you their greeting." It is nice to be remembered. It seems that we all just numbers. When God knows us, it makes us not feel alone. We must remember people like God.

We all need more grace. Hebrews 13:25 says, "Grace be with you all."





1 comment: