Thursday, March 2, 2017

Contingent being exists=Principle of Existential Contingency (Bc exists)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Axcva8wZvAY

Not everything that exists is necessary. For change is real, that is, at least some being(s) really change. And a Necessary Being cannot change in its being. (This does not mean there can be no change in external relations with another being. It simply means there can be no internal change in its being. When a person changes in relation to a pillar, the pillar does not change.) For its being is necessary and what is necessary in its being cannot be other than it is in its being. And all change in being involves becoming something else in its being.
But it is evident that I change in my being. I change from not being to being. By "I" is meant the self-conscious individual being call myself. (This is not to claim that all the parts or elements of my being are not eternal. There are good reasons to believe they are not because usable energy is running down and cannot be eternal, but this is not point here.) This "I" of consciousness around which these elemental parts of matter come and go, is not eternal. This is clear for many reasons.
First, my consciousness changes. Even those who claim they are eternal and necessary (namely, that they are a Necessary Being, God) were not always conscious of being God. Somewhere along the line they change from not being conscious they were God to belong conscious they were God. But a Necessary Being cannot change. Hence, I am not a Necessary Being. Rather, I am a contingent being. Therefore, at least one contingent being exists. Everything is not necessary.
Further, there are other ways to know one is contingent. The fact that we reason to conclusions reveals that our knowledge is not eternal and necessary. We come to know , But no necessary being can come to know anything. It either eternally and necessarily knows everything it knows or else it knows nothing. If it is a knowing kind of being, then it necessarily knows, since it is a necessary kind of being. And a being can only know in accordance with the kind of being it is. A contingent must know contingently and a Necessary Being must know necessarily.  But I do not know all that I can know eternally and necessarily. Therefore, I am a contingent kind of being.
Therefore, one necessary, eternal, uncaused, unlimited, rational, personal and moral being exists.

No comments:

Post a Comment